.338 Swift Sciroccos

Ian M

They ran them last week. Have some on the way for shooting tests. Believe they are 225 grainers. Will shoot them with the new Nosler Accubonds in .338 - should be interesting.

Ian, Some people have had trouble getting the Scirocco to group.
I have no trouble with grouping with my 300RUM...matter a fact, seems to really like 'em...especially w/ RL 25 and IMR 7828.
I have shot the 150 and 180gr. bullets.
.....sakofan...look forward to hearing about your tests...

I have been waiting for these .338 bullets for a few years now, same goes for the 6mm, my two favorite calibres...for now. They kept stalling it for some reason, and now the Accubond is out with a very high BC I might add. What to do. I know that Iwill definitely use the swifts in my 6mm's, but I may just use the accubonds in my .338 Win and be done with it. That 225 grainer at .580 or whatever is hard to pass up and I have always had great luck getting the ballistic tips to shoot well in my rifles, so I anxiously await Ian's review. If they shoot, I may switch to the 225's exclusively. Right now, three 250 gamekings can be covered by a nickel in that rifle and they are loaded HOT! If the 225's will shoot like that, that rifle might turn into a longranger yet! I wonder how fast they'll go out of 24" tube?

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.