338 supressors

I have the 338 thunderbeast ultra for my Lapua. I thread it over the break. I'm very pleased with it.

I also have a thunderbeast 6.5 ultra 7. The 338 break threads are larger than the 30 cal thunderbeast threads so you will need the 338 break for any rifle you want to put it on.
For example I have a 30 cal thunderbeast break on my 6mm and I can screw my 6.5 untra 7 on it but would need to exchange the break to a 338 if I want to put the 338 thunderbeast on my 6mm.

Another thing you need to consider is the length your gun will be after adding suppressor. 31" barrel plus about 9" for suppressor will make your barrel 40". A 40" barrel is not really practical for some hunting situations.

I have the 338 thunderbeast ultra for my Lapua. I thread it over the break. I'm very pleased with it.

I also have a thunderbeast 6.5 ultra 7. The 338 break threads are larger than the 30 cal thunderbeast threads so you will need the 338 break for any rifle you want to put it on.
For example I have a 30 cal thunderbeast break on my 6mm and I can screw my 6.5 untra 7 on it but would need to exchange the break to a 338 if I want to put the 338 thunderbeast on my 6mm.

Another thing you need to consider is the length your gun will be after adding suppressor. 31" barrel plus about 9" for suppressor will make your barrel 40". A 40" barrel is not really practical for some hunting situations.
There is one exception to the 338 interchangeability. You can get an adapter. I think it's the CB2BA. It will thread on your small brakes and will thread right into your 338 Ultra without having to remove or change brakes around. Makes it convenient.

I have a "100% off any TBAC silencer" certificate up for discussion. If I didn't already have a 338 Ultra, I'd get 1.

Anyone interested in saving a bunch of money?

12DE4450-0114-4F69-9258-765A2E6DE045.jpeg

Last edited:
As someone who has a Jaws(338) from Shark Precision, TBAC Ultra 7, ultra 9's and a 338ultra, the TBAC 338ultra is thee suppressor to have if you're only going to have one can. Have had it on 338rum, 300rum and now on my 300prc. It tames and quiets all of them.

OK based on my previous thread looks like the action on my build will be the terminus kratos x now I'm needing help with a big bore supressor. Never used one so looking for opinions on 1) supress or brake 2) supressor threaded on brake 3) opinions on which supressor for 338 L on 31" Hart barrel sendero contour. 4) any thing i should know about supressed shooting that may help me make my mind up. Thanks in advance.

Build so far.
Mcmillan XTR stock
Trigger tech trigger
Kratos x action
Hart 31" sendero contour barrell
I believe Crux build an arch angel for the 338 LM I am using their Saxon 9 which is 9mm rated for the 338 LM. I'm pleased with recoil management, fine for one or two shoots (hunting), as far as db levels, On range day I still use muffs with the Saxon. Their Arch Angel on my 300 mag is excellent for db levels and recoil mitigation.

my opinion.