• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 338 SnipeTac/Big Baer

yorke-1

This is officially a 338 Rocket but performance is identical to the 338 SnipeTac, Big Baer and other similar 338/408 Improved variants. It's capable of .75 MOA at 1 mile when shooter and conditions allow it.

- CheyTac Model 310 repeater action
- CheyTac chassis (Mcree)
- 1, 7 round CT magazine
- 30" Bartlein 5R 1-9.5" barrel. 1.350" for 5" then straight taper to 1" at the muzzle
- Jewell HVR trigger with bottom safety
- Terminator T4 muzzle brake
- CheyTac 40 MOA base
- Weighs right at 20# with bipod and no scope
ykiy6cq.jpg

wAo9aNy.jpg

MUL9xNb.jpg

This was built by a local smith while I was waiting to have my SP in the same chambering built. The muzzle brake was left uncontoured so that it could be blended to match the contour of a future barrel. There are 95 rounds through the barrel and it was never allowed to heat up excessively between shots. My standard load shoots a 300gr Berger OTM at 3180fps. It's capable of higher velocities but I get good accuracy and case life (5-6 firings per case) with this load. It also shoots the 303gr Hammer Hunters equally well with the same load for hunting.

I'm selling to help fund other projects and make space in the safe. I just don't shoot this much since I finished the pistol in the same chambering. I'll include a couple of fired cases so that the buyer can have dies made. I still have a gun in the same chambering so I'll be keeping my dies.

Asking $2400 shipped to your FFL. I also have a spare NXS 5.5-22x56 NP R1 reticle with non-zero stop, .25 MOA turrets that I'd sell for $1300 with the rifle for interested buyers.

Andrew

Last edited:
Yes, it's still available at this time, with one other interested individual. The rifle with the 5.5-25x56 NXS is $3500 shipped.