• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 338 Snipetac, Bartlein 1:8.5 30" $3750

Chandalar

Transmission went out on my truck, and have a couple of other bills that I have to pay, so as bad as I hate to I am needing to sell my 338 Snipetac. This was a Dave Viers built rifle and just had a Bartlein 1:8.5 twist @ 30" barrel put on the rifle that is UNFIRED ( Bartlein did the work). Paper work will come with the barrel. Its built on a Lawton 8000 action with 40 MOA rail, and is set into a Manners T4 stock with an adjustable Tubb but plate. Jewel Trigger has a bottom safety. This comes with a full set length dies, JGS 338 Snipetac reamer, and GO gage, 250 pieces of brass, Cabelas 60" aluminum case. If you want the original barrel for a fire forming barrel I will send it as well. The stock is in great shape but could use some new paint. Also I have a Lyman heavy duty single stage press that was professionally machined to accept 1.250x12 dies that I will ship in the package deal as well. ALL for $3750.00 shipping included to your FFL. Please email me for photos ( [email protected] ), as I will get good photos taken and sent this weekend to anyone interested. You can also call me if you have questions. 907/687/9672

Last edited:
Here are some photos, apologize for delay. Scope and rings not included in this package. 242 pieces of brass total. Thanks

DSCN0679.jpg

DSCN0678.jpg

DSCN0700.jpg

Re: 338 Snipetac,was $3750--Price drop $3500.00

Transmission went out on my truck, and have a couple of other bills that I have to pay, so as bad as I hate to I am needing to sell my 338 Snipetac. This was a Dave Viers built rifle and just had a Bartlein 1:8.5 twist @ 30" barrel put on the rifle that is UNFIRED ( Bartlein did the work). Paper work will come with the barrel. Its built on a Lawton 8000 action with 40 MOA rail, and is set into a Manners T4 stock with an adjustable Tubb but plate. Jewel Trigger has a bottom safety. This comes with a full set length dies, JGS 338 Snipetac reamer, and GO gage, 250 pieces of brass, Cabelas 60" aluminum case. If you want the original barrel for a fire forming barrel I will send it as well. The stock is in great shape but could use some new paint. Also I have a Lyman heavy duty single stage press that was professionally machined to accept 1.250x12 dies that I will ship in the package deal as well. ALL for $35000.00 shipping included to your FFL. Please email me for photos ( [email protected] ), as I will get good photos taken and sent this weekend to anyone interested. You can also call me if you have questions. 907/687/9672
Need to sell offers are welcome, Thanks

Terry;
I would guess the weight at 18 to 20 pounds. Because this is an unshot 1:8.5, 5R twist Bartlein barrel I do not have any velocities for the 300 grain Cutting Edge bullets, which is what I had this barrel made for. It is a single shot Lawton 8000 action. The prior barrel was a 1:10 twist that I shot 250 grain Sierra bullets. It was a 36" barrel, loads were with 145 grains of H50BMG and would push those bullets to honest 3450-3500. Joel Russo has some solid information on this regarding this new combination of 1:8.5-30 inch barrel and the Cutting Edge bullets. He is the one that I communicated with for direction and pointers for this new. Again I do not wish to sell this, a broken vehicle forces the me to. Thanks for the question. Please let me know If I can answer any other questions.

Weight?
Please tell me what Velocities, and bullets you use, as well as how accurate.
Magazine?

Although I cannot speak toward the accuracy of this rifle, I can tell you that 3,200 fps with the 300 grain bullet in the 10 tw and 8.5 tw is the target velocity for accuracy and brass life.
As for the bullets, he called me months ago and we spent some time on the phone discussing the bullets. I had done some extensive R&D on them, before they came to the public, comparing and contrasting them to the 300 SMK and shared my experiences with him.

Shoot me a pm with phone number and I'll share the same with you.