338 SHERMAN

Hmm… I've never heard of a twist being too fast. Tell me more?
I'm probably showing my inexperience. but I thought you could spin a bullet too fast..
I'm running a 338 sherman max with a 10 twist, and it does shoot 200's and 225's very well. Both mono's and cup core.
I have a longer FB than the original reamer ( .100 ) over. So I mite have to jump them a mile just to seat them far enough.
It just sounds like fun to shoot a .338 at 3400 fps

I'm probably showing my inexperience. but I thought you could spin a bullet too fast..
I'm running a 338 sherman max with a 10 twist, and it does shoot 200's and 225's very well. Both mono's and cup core.
I have a longer FB than the original reamer ( .100 ) over. So I mite have to jump them a mile just to seat them far enough.
It just sounds like fun to shoot a .338 at 3400 fps
Sure does 🤠
I would think a mono wouldn't come apart at higher RPMs, but maybe a traditional, cup and core type…?
I'm just considering the physics of such a possibility. Faster twist and higher velocity produce a higher RPM, which in theory could potentially tear a bullet apart. Being of solid copper construction, I'd think the threshold for such an occurrence would require significant force.

Sure does 🤠
I would think a mono wouldn't come apart at higher RPMs, but maybe a traditional, cup and core type…?
I'm just considering the physics of such a possibility. Faster twist and higher velocity produce a higher RPM, which in theory could potentially tear a bullet apart. Being of solid copper construction, I'd think the threshold for such an occurrence would require significant force.
I'm just imagining the report back on a 338 mono hitting an animal at say 3250 impact velocity.