.338 rum

dragman

I have played with a couple Lapua's in the last two years and also an EDGE, but I have never messed with the 338RUM I always kinda thought it was a bad design. Well I am curious and thinking about picking one up to play with. Anyone have any suggestions about the cartridge?? If I pic it up I will use it on ground hogs til thanks giving and if I still have it and like it I will make it the long range White tail gun for the year.

I have owned and shot 338 edge's, 338 rum's, 338-378's and more and the 338 RUM is a excellent round. It will run so close to the edge in the same barrel length that it really isn't worth going edge.It is a excellent design.

I have owned and shot 338 edge's, 338 rum's, 338-378's and more and the 338 RUM is a excellent round. It will run so close to the edge in the same barrel length that it really isn't worth going edge.It is a excellent design.

+1

I have an Edge and a RUM both built by Shawn Carlock at Defensive Edge and love them both. Both rounds are very capable at long range.

My Lapua's all ran the 300 grainers around 2800-2850 with 26" barrels My edge ran them at 2980 with a 30" barrel. this RUM I am looking at has a 30" I am hoping for 2800 so that I am good out to around 2K.

Any pet loads anyone will share??? :D
I am running 300 hybrids and the only powders I have for big stuff now is Retumbo and 7828SSC.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.