338 RUM to 338 edge?

I want 1/4 moa gun. I know how hard it is to get one. I have 5 rifles. Only 1 of them I can keep under 1/2 moa. I have even considered the 7 WSM. I really need this build to be a shooter.

Do you know any good gun Smiths? I would like to get a PTG bolt to cut down on some of the slop. Not sure what brand of barrel I want. If I go with the .30 cal I want a 1/11 twist and throat for 190-210 VLD. Not sure how tight to make the neck. How much to: fit the bolt to the reciver, pin recoil lug to reciver, taper, cut flutes in the barrel, crown and barrel the action?

If your going to go all out get a custom action. I'm about to order a 300WSM reamer throated for 215's to run in a long action with a .339 or .3395 neck (I have to seat bullets and mic a few more cases to get a max # and then go .003" over. The OAL is looking to be about 3.175". I've never built a 300wsm for myself, I have for other people, so I'm going to give it a go. I would go with a 10 twist that way you can shoot 215's if you want to.

A 1/4 to 3/8 MOA gun isn't that hard to accomplish. I have several guns that will shoot in the .1's if I'm up to it and just about everything I shoot regularly will shoot sub 3/8".

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.