338 Rum reloading

Sir Wendigo

So I have decided to get my rifle rebarrled in 338 RUM. The only real problem I see is the overall length. I am handicapped to 3.62 OAL to fit magazine. Does anybody have any suggestions on where to start with loading (powders, bullets, oal). This is a long range gun, so im looking to use a good BC bullet like a 250 berger, i dont think the 300's give me enough case capacity to drive them fast enough. Help me out guys.

Thanks,

Mike

So I have decided to get my rifle rebarrled in 338 RUM. The only real problem I see is the overall length. I am handicapped to 3.62 OAL to fit magazine. Does anybody have any suggestions on where to start with loading (powders, bullets, oal). This is a long range gun, so im looking to use a good BC bullet like a 250 berger, i dont think the 300's give me enough case capacity to drive them fast enough. Help me out guys.

Thanks,

Mike
What brand and model? If it's a R700 one word, Wyatts.

IIWM:
Bullet: Berger 250 OTM
Powder: H1000, Hogdgon load data for 250 Hdy SP but start %10 below listed starting point, measure the cases and go with %95 fill would be even better.
Mag Max COAL: 3.62
Primer: CCI 250 or Fed GM 215M

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.