338 RUM project

ccsykes

I know that this is a little far fetched, but let me know if it is possible and probable. I have a 300 weatherby in the accumark. I just ordered a custom 257 and have a 3006, so I am looking for something a little larger than a 30 caliber. I would like to get a lilja barrel and have it chambered for 338 ultra. Do you guys think that there will be any feeding problems or do you think that I would be better off just buying a remington 338 ultra and settling for the barrel on it.

Christopher,

I see no problem building a 338 RUM off a 300 Wby Accumark. Only thing that I would look at as a problem would be the width of the box magazine but I suspect a Rem 700 RUM mag box could be used if needed.

The Lilja barrel will be vastly better then anything you will get on a factory Rem 700. I use them exclusively for my personal rifles and on eveyone of my customers rifles unless they prefer another brand. Have yet to be amazed.

The 338 RUM can be an amazingly accurate round as well. The last one I built put the first three rounds into a .317" group using hte 200 gr Ballistic Tip.

I do not see a real problem in your project.

Good SHooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.