338 RUM or EDGE barrel questions

wasgas

I was going to brake my 338 rum, but am now thinking of a barrel upgrade at the same time. I am trying to keep it a sporter style but thought of slightly increasing the contour and have it fluted to help compensate the extra weight.

Should I keep it a RUM or consider making it an edge? I plan on shooting 250gr bergers. If I go with the edge can I use my rum brass, or would I need all new brass?

I was going to brake my 338 rum, but am now thinking of a barrel upgrade at the same time. I am trying to keep it a sporter style but thought of slightly increasing the contour and have it fluted to help compensate the extra weight.

Should I keep it a RUM or consider making it an edge? I plan on shooting 250gr bergers. If I go with the edge can I use my rum brass, or would I need all new brass?

The 338 Edge is based on a 300 RUM and the brass is larger. The 7mm RUM, the 300 RUM and the 375 RUM are all the same. The 338 Rum is shorter and the brass will not work in the Edge.

A 26"# 6 Lilja contour is a good compromise for the 338 RUM and works very well without adding
to much weight. I use 225 and 250 grain bullets in my 338 RUM and they are good to 1100 + yards
on elk.

If you want to increase the powder volume and re use your brass, you could go to a 338 RUM AI.

The 338 RUM has a slight powder advantage over the 338 Lapua unless it is an AI version.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.