.338 RUM Hunting Load

G

Guys---
I have traded into a John Ricks built S/S M700 in .338 RUM with 27" Pac-Nor, #5, 1:10" twist barrel bedded into a McMillan Sako Varminter stock. I will be looking for a hunting load for this sweetie when it gets here next week(and a brake!!!) . Any help will be appreciated. The guy who had it before had used 250 gr. Nosler Partitions and Barnes 225 XBT's. It wasn't throated long enough for the 300's, so I figure I'll stick with the Barnes/Sierra/Nosler bullets in the 225-250 gr. range...Thanks in advance...
smile.gif
What about it Boyd--you must have something...

[ 01-03-2003: Message edited by: Chris Jamison ]

Come on guys, I only have a few days to get my stuff together before the rifle gets here..Somebody???

yea boyd I got em but you loaded the cartrage.
grin.gif
Chris, listen to Boyed. he has shot more 300 RUM cartrages than I have seen in my life time. SO take your time and learn. I am.
wink.gif

[ 01-04-2003: Message edited by: baldeagle713 ]

i know it's an old post but have you tried VV N 560 i shoot 92.1 it is max by the sierra book with a 250 smk or a sbt it shoot so good i don't even try to make it better.

Chris i have tried to send you a few loads developed by a friend and I for the 300 Rum necked to .338. This rifle has free bore so start lower and work up!!May be they will be of some help to you.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.