.338 rum, help me narrow down the powders.

Thanks for all the info guys. I'll start with the ret, and h 1000. But I'm real tempted to try the rl 25. Most the guys who run it seem like their getting a little more vel. I'm just worried about the vel swings with the temp.

The Barnes recommended .050 off the lands and that is where I loaded them. The Noslers I would start with .010 off the lands and see how it shoots. I shot 3 boxes of nosler 250's and couldn't get them to group in my rifle with 4 different kinds of powders and all sorts of seating depth's.
Stay away from the RL powders, the hotter it got here in Az. the hotter my test loads got. I have had no temp issues with H 4831SC they shoot the same place all the time.
Tarey
What barrel are you using? I've got a couple boxes of 250gr nab I was Gona try after the 225.

Retumbo worked best in my 338RUM and 300 RUM. And everybody has talked about Retumbo not being temperature sensitive and that's why I was so glad it grouped best in my rifles. I did not want to have summer and winter loads like you have to do sometimes with other powders when you are on the upper ends of the powder scale.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.