338 RUM hard to find?

FLhunter620

Hope y'all are having a great sunday. I am in the process of accumulating all the pieces for my first long range build. I am very interested in the 338 RUM mainly because I can use a remington 700 action that I already own, and love. My one big question is availabilty of brass and factory ammo. In your opinions, should I go with something more available like a 300 RUM or standard 338 win mag. Im wanting a hunting rifle that can kill anything in North America, that can also punch holes out to a mile, providing I can keep up with the weapon. lol. I look forward to your responses. Thanks, Lee.

I love the 338 rum that I have, but I'm well stocked in brass. I haven't seen any 338rum factory ammo in a long long time. Both the 300 rum and 338 rum are very hard to find brass for.

I got lucky in finding some brass for my 338 RUM early on, but I've since resorted to buying factory ammo for my brass needs. My local stores have it. 300 RUM brass is a bit more available to either run as a 300 RUM or 338 Edge.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.