.338 RUM, Edge, Lapua Carry Rifle?

i have an edge that is a bit lighter than most, will come in under 9 lbs depending on scope. has a 28" finished barrel but feels lighter than it is because it's only 36" long. someone said recoil was bad even with a brake, i would say mine is not that bad at all. i have a Holland radial port brake on it and yes, the entire gun is less than 36" long. i'm putting a laminated wood stock on it this winter so it's a bit messed up right now. i can shoot it pretty well, but i'm not gonna claim that it's easy to shoot. it is one of the easiest gun to carry, barely sticks up out of my j104 backpack. it's a good gun for hunting treestand, carry all day, or even long range off a point. it's the most versatile, compact, powerful gun i've ever seen. if someone gives me an e-mail, i can send them a pic to post, i still havn't learned how to do that.

According to Bettin they do their own wrapping too. Using an improved upon ABS system/technique.

Looks like they may be doing the wrapping for ABS now. They ere the same, same and that is a good thing IMHO

Thanks

Bettin Custom Guns -Carbon Wrapped Barrels

WE NOW SELL ABS CARBON WRAPPED BARREL BLANKS

Bettin Custom Guns has been using carbon wrapped barrels by ABS for several years now. We have specialized in building very accurate, light weight rifles using this patented process.

Bettin Custom Guns is now manufacturing carbon wrapped barrels ourselves, using the patented system originally developed by Advanced Barrel Systems. In cooperation with ABS, we have improved the wrapping procedure to make the process more consistent and efficient. Many of you have had or heard about the ABS carbon wrapped barrels and how well they perform. The problem has been getting the barrels in a timely fashion. Most of the problem previously has been the very time consuming method of applying the resin to the carbon fiber in the correct proportions, efficiently.

The new system takes care of both of these problems, and the end result is the same high quality barrel as before in a much more time efficient manner. In addition, Bettin Custom has installed a state of the art, CNC winding machine, which is capable of wrapping 4 barrels at a time.

We plan to keep the turn around time to about 4 weeks from the time we receive the barrel blank. We also plan on keeping some of the most commonly used barrels, finished and in stock.
We ONLY use Satern cut rifled barrels for the barrel liner, they are specially contoured from Satern to our specs for carbon wrapping. They can produce any caliber in any twist rate you desire.

Total retail cost of complete wrapped barrel= $900

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.