338 RUM data

mhg

Hey gang, i'm new to the forum and am fighting with the search feature.

I remember 338 ultra load data that had Alliant powders (RL22/25)

I'm looking for data on 225 Nosler accubonds and 250 Gamekings with a 26" barrel

Help please!

Best

Matt

mhg,

I shoot a stock 700LSS in 338 RUM. Try these loads:

225 gr AB
96.0 grs RL25
R-P case
Federal GM215M primer
best 3 shot group .567"

250 gr PT
90.0 grs RL25
best 4 shot group .490"

Hope this helps.

JD338

Note: AWC - Approach With Caution as standard procedure.

REM 700 338 RUM Sporter 26" barrel. Holland Brake.

Hor 250gr Match 96gr RL-25 3015MV 1.0"@200
300gr SMK 101gr US-869 2730MV 0.6"@200

Loads are sensitive to COL. Use COL for fine tuning.

Again: sneak up on these numbers.........

They are towards the upper end but not near any pressure limits (mine anyway). I'm cheap enough that I like to get at least 10 reloads out of a case. The 300SMK and 869 is the load of choice as the ES are less than 5 fps on the groups I've chrono'd. Also it only lags behind the Edge a little, which kept me from rebarreling to an Edge.

Thanks guys

Went with RL25 96gr produced 3065 with the 225 Accubond.

No presure signs, and am very happy with how the rifle is shooting so far.

matta.jpg

Matt

[ QUOTE ]
mhg,

I'd like to hear the details of that rifle..... Looks like a step or two up from an BDL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Roy, it's a parts gun.

I found a early Remington 700 in 7mm mag at a pawnshop for cheap. Bought the Sendero Barrel on Snipers hide, and was given the stock.

Finally had a chance to wind it together the other weekend. I used a EGW 25moa base and a 10x mk4 LRT.

OPS inc Brake

Anyway, optics aside I needed to do this on the cheap. I think i'm into it about 500.00 less optics.

Matt

mhg,

Nice looking rifle and the price is nice too!
What size groups are you getting with the 225 gr AB and 96.0 grs RL25?

JD338

That's my kind of thinkin'. I did the same thing but got a sporter weight new take off bbl from Kirby for 40 bucks. Had the Holland brake removed from the 338 Win bbl and put on the RUM bbl. She's sitting under a Weaver Tactical 4.5X14

Tim/TX has a Sendero 338 Edge bbl chambered by Shawn for sale but I'd like to "harvest" something with this setup before I try to make it any "bigger". I have 495 + 40 + 125 in ol' "Pink". Not nearly as purty as your's but she'll do for the hunt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif It was a doityurselfer while the 270 AM was being built....

[ QUOTE ]
mhg,

Nice looking rifle and the price is nice too!
What size groups are you getting with the 225 gr AB and 96.0 grs RL25?

JD338

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the kind words.
I was just shooting 3 shot stuff behind the house. 100yd on the laser, off the bipod, 15kt wind I shot a .7.

Pretty informal, not alot of time and rain/cold etc

I know it will shoot better

Matt

hey matt, glad to see you made it over here. that came out really nice.

if that shoots half as good as some of the firearms you put together, it should be scary accurate. hopefully i will get too shoot it before i deploy again.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.