338 rum -338 edge

new shooter

I looking at rebarrel to a 338 rum but a gun smith said to go to the 338 edge. He said that the edge is more accuracy ? Now i know the edge hold a little more powder but its not enough to make much differnt. I like that you can by load ammo if you would forget yours. My ? is how can the edge be any more accuracy then the rum if both are custom barrels ? Thanks for your input. Joe

Like many on this board, I've had the privilege of owning several custom guns in a variety of calibers. While there are some calibers known for their inherent accuracy (6mmbr), I'm convinced that the accuracy of a build is determined by the components, quality gunsmithing and your ability to reload/drive then the actual caliber. Now you will have differences in opinion on freebore and belted mags, but between the edge and rum- you will see no difference in accuracy. I would probably find another gunsmith.

I would find a reputable gunsmith that knows what he is doing. Either are equally accurate and I could make any shot with one I could with the other. Both are excellent long range hunting rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts