338 RUM & 285 grn Hornady

I get really good accuracy with these bullets. Only tried h1000. Hovering around 2900fps. Been playing with the new 270 eld-x too.. They're looking very promising with the minimal testing I've done.
I have some h1000 and just picked up a 338 rum. Interested in your results with eldx

They shoot really well. Getting 2925 and ragged hole accuracy. Bought some 230g eld-x yesterday and those shoot really good as well. 3200 fps and shooting tight groups. Everything I've shot through this gun with h1000 has done really well.

What length barrel are you running? Also curious as to your location (state)or just altitude. I'm asking because I've seen about significantly less FPS less than at 1200ft in Arkansas than someone shooting In Idaho

I'm in Washington. Do most of my shooting around 3k. I'm running my loads pretty hot. No sticky bolt, but I'm not far off. Mine are max length as well. Have to run one at a time.

The 270 ELD-X is shooting great out of my 338 RUM.

Using RL33, .010 jump to the lands, 27" barrel, 2865 fps. They are shooting to the same accuracy at long range as the 300 Berger EH.

What length barrel are you running? Also curious as to your location (state)or just altitude. I'm asking because I've seen about significantly less FPS less than at 1200ft in Arkansas than someone shooting In Idaho

What does altitude have to do with muzzle velocity?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.