Daegon

Hey gang hunting season is over for me and it's time to start some load development over the winter. I have some 250 gr Berger elite hunters I wanna load and I'm also looking at some possibly some elds and would love some feedback on loads with temp stable powders on em to start with. I also have a 243 win I am gonna start load development on and I'm looking for 87 gr. Berger's or some hornady elds and would appreciate any load data on those as well with a temp stable powder.

Here's data for the Berger bullet (for .243) you specified. I shoot the 87 gr vld in my .243 and it's very accurate with H4350, Federal 210M primers and Lapua brass. Good luck!!

Screenshot_20181212-050937.png Screenshot_20181212-050947.png

I was running 100V with the 85-90 class in both a 243 and the ai. 3320 in the straight and even though I could run 87v-mx's up to 3550 in the ai I ran 3380 for a very good winter time coyote killer.
I ran it in winchester brass with just a clean up on the neck in fireformed brass annealed after fireforming.
H1000 will be tough to pressure out but if you can it will preserve your throat about 30% greater barrel life

I'm running 38.8 gr of Varget and next time I might back off a little. I haven't been impressed with its expansion on coyotes. Going to try 87 Vmax next and hopefully it drops coyotes better than the Berger

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.