338 RUM, 225 or 250 Accubond

Accuracy has not been my problem with the 225 AB. It has shot very well in all my big 338's I have tried it in. I switched this year to this bullet and so my big game experience with it is limited. However every shot I made this year with it had complete bullet failure and so did a number of others who I built guns for and also switched this year. Although I received some reports of good performance, most were very poor performance. Makes no difference to me what a guy shoots. I am on here like everybody else to report my findings as accurately as possible and learn what works best for others. That is what has made this forum great. I have shot thousands of nosler bullets for 40 years with mostly good results. These did not perform to my expectations so I reported that and will be switching to the 250 AB or another bullet. It seems a number of guys are having good luck with the 250's. Once a bullet fails on an animal I shot I look for something else.

LTLR,

Thank you for the reply. I have shot the 225 gr AB only on paper and water jugs from 50-300 yds and they worked fine for me. I do realize on game performance is a lot different than water.

I pushed Nosler for 3 years to come out with the 250 gr AB and was pleased with the introduction.
Its the only bullet I plan on using in my 338 RUM, I am sure it will work well for you too.
338RUM250grABa-1.jpg

Recovered 250 gr AB bullets from water jugs at 100 yds-
338RUM250grAB.jpg

Recovered 250 gr AB bullets from water jugs at 300 yds-
338RUM250grAB300yds.jpg

JD338

I have nothing to offer to the discussion other than a *HUGE* thank you.

You all are giving us non-professionals *free* information and wisdom and i want you all to know i (and probably many others - i'm just more vocal...) appreciate it.

One day when i'm back in the States long-term, i'd love to join the ranks of elk hunters as well as get back into shooting and this information is really valuable.

Thanks

I thought I would show my 338 225 gr AB test results. These bullets were recovered from gallon water jugs, MV 3080 fps.
338RUM225grAB1.jpg

338RUM225grAB2.jpg

JD338

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts