.338 rocky mountain bullets?

Hi Shawn,
No we did not buy Wild Cat up in canada. We started up a couple years ago working with EDM Arms , Vigilance Rifle to make a lead core VLD bullet for the .408 Cheytac. Along with the .408 we just released a lead core bullet designed specifically for the .375 Cheytac and before that worked with Barrett Arms to develope a lead core bullet for there .416 Barrett. We are slowly expanding our line of bullet and hope to get a .338 and a .50 going some time this year.
Thanks Shawn for your interest,
George

Thanks George,

Couldn't be better timing for a new .375 high B.C. bullet.

My new .375AM has just arrived here in Canada and I will have my hands on it soon (Stuck at work for another week until I can go get it). I will post some pics of one of Kirby's latest creations ASAP, maby a range report as well.

I was worried about choosing this caliber due to the lack of bullets. It appears now that this might be the caliber to beat with improved ballistics over the .408 and better barrel life than the .338 Cheytac wildcats.

It seems like I made the right choice after all, now to get my hands on some of these bullets.

Dave

Hi Dave,
The .375 Cheytac and variations coupled with the right bullet are really great rifles. I'm kind of fond of the .408 my self but that may change when my new .375 Cheytac is done. For long range heavy hitters both are unbeatable. Give us a call and we can hook you up with some bullets.
George

Hi Dave,
The .375 Cheytac and variations coupled with the right bullet are really great rifles. I'm kind of fond of the .408 my self but that may change when my new .375 Cheytac is done. For long range heavy hitters both are unbeatable. Give us a call and we can hook you up with some bullets.
George

George,

I might have to have a 375/408 built myself now! :D

Regardless, you will have a lot of people buying when the 338 is released. I hope to be near the front of the line.

Take care,

Dan

Hello Bruce,
We test all our bullets down to about 1600 fps and get 100% expansion. Maximum expansion and 80% weight retention occurs at about 2200 fps. Now your probably wondering what kind of media we use. We tried the gelatin type with the .408 Cheytac and we had passed thought with almost 3 feet and never recovered the bullets. We now use a clay-based media, which a friend who worked for Federal told me about. This is the only type we have found that will stop the 50 and Cheytac based cartages.
Thanks for your interest,
George

To bad all my 338's are 1-10 twist.....will they be able to stabilize the 325's? I think most guys using Edges, Lapua, and 338 AM's are going to have the 1-10 twist or 1-9.7 twist barrels.

Hello Travis,
Unfortunately I don't think the 10 twist will stabilize the 325-gr bullets. To get a stability factor of 1.5 you should at least have a twist of 9 and 8 would even be better. Having a stability factor of about 1.8 really help the bullets when they go subsonic and extended ranges.

Hello Bruce,
The 10 twist will be great on the .375 bullets. They call for a 11.4 twist to get a stability factor of 1.5 so the 10 twist should stabilize good through the subsonic transition at extended ranges.

Thanks George,

Couldn't be better timing for a new .375 high B.C. bullet.

My new .375AM has just arrived here in Canada and I will have my hands on it soon (Stuck at work for another week until I can go get it). I will post some pics of one of Kirby's latest creations ASAP, maby a range report as well.

I was worried about choosing this caliber due to the lack of bullets. It appears now that this might be the caliber to beat with improved ballistics over the .408 and better barrel life than the .338 Cheytac wildcats.

It seems like I made the right choice after all, now to get my hands on some of these bullets.

Dave

Dave, have you shot these bullets yet? I wonder what they group like past 1500 yards>>>

Hello Bruce,
The 10 twist will be great on the .375 bullets. They call for a 11.4 twist to get a stability factor of 1.5 so the 10 twist should stabilize good through the subsonic transition at extended ranges.

Hey there...are we talking about the 375 cal 370 gr rbtat bullet here? If not, what is the best twist for this 370 gr bullet??

kz

Kelly,
I will be testing the new design this weekend, Geo sent me some new heavier jacketed style.
They weigh right at 359.5gns
I will post the results when finished. I hope to stretch them out to 1200yds. I am going to try a slower powder burn so i can get the case full, 100% fill i am hoping for.

Dave

Kelly,
I will be testing the new design this weekend, Geo sent me some new heavier jacketed style.
They weigh right at 359.5gns
I will post the results when finished. I hope to stretch them out to 1200yds. I am going to try a slower powder burn so i can get the case full, 100% fill i am hoping for.

Dave

Dave, your header said 338 bullets...are you testing the 338 or the 375 cal this weekend??? I thought the 359 gr was the 375???

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.