338 Remington Ultra Mag load data desired

Thanks Dave-- Just got registered, this seems like my kind a board. Just loaded up some 200 Grain Nosler BT's with 89.5 of H4831. I shot a starting load with the barnes X 160 grain bullet yesterday and it felt like a 30-06. I wish these bullets were cheaper. Has anyone tried the barnes X 275 grain bullet? I'm breaking in my Sendero this week, this rifle is awesome!

I'm stoked to see that a couple of you have the stainless Sendero that I am planning on buying. Out of the many rifles that I have this one is really exciting me. I would like to get out to the range in Gillette WY and join the 1 mile club
smile.gif
. Keep the load info for the 300gr MK's coming.

Dave

May I suggest using IMR7828 with the heavier bullets? My rifle is similar to yours with only a 1/2" difference in barrel length and most likely overall rifle weight (mine weighs 9.6lbs total). I shoot almost exclusively the 250gr MK loading 94gr IMR 7828 at approx 3075fps. I don't recall if 7828 has a slower burn rate than RL25 but the velocity SD for the rifle is around 10fps using 7828 while SD ~27fps using RL25. Trying Hodgon BigShot next since some of my 50cal shooters have had great success with that powder.

Good Luck

Verrocchio

anything new going on with the 338 RUM.i find with a 250 smk i get 3100 fps with VV N 560 AT 92.1 the accuracy is out of this world.im shooting what use to be a rem 700 sendero.it now has accuracy work and barrel and some more stuff from R.W.HART.i have not shot it at long range yet .keep waiting for the winds to die down.

light bulbbeen shooting ga33 for years sure looks like 338rum
glad to see 300gr sir, i put them in at 3.7 dident shoot them yet
if anyone knows difference ga33 from 338rum please let me know
92 gr rl25

CALL Hodgdon Reloading center theyv'e just tested the new Hybrid 100 in a 338 RUM. Haven't released data on the web site but they'll give you data on the phone.
Mike

Who says Ruger #1's aren't accurate? I had my #1 338 win. mag. re-chambered to 338 RUM and consistantly print under 3/4 inch groups with a 200 gr. Nosler Accu-Bond and 96 gr. of 7828. And I get 3280 f.p.s. over a pro-chrony. At 2" high at 100 yds. this gives me a no hold over on Elk out to almost 400 yds. But, even in the heavy #1 I found that a good brake made it a lot more shooter friendly. 7828 was significantly faster than either rl-25 or h-1000. Give it a try. Gerry Wood Cody, Wyoming

just had a 338 rum built 26 inch broughton barrel 1 to ten twist i am now trying honady 225gr sst with reloader 22 i cant get smaller that a one inch group with the first cold bore shoot bout 4 inches to the left at 100 yrds. was hoping to have a long range gun using winchester primers any suggestions

Hey Guy's Just trying to get a BUMP start on this old thread.

Any new Berger 300 OTM Tactical Load data for the 338 RUM?

I thought I would keep this post going because, you really don't find much on the load data of these big boy's.

I have some of the OTM's I'm just trying to get the rifle put together, For some good spring spring.

SC

ok guys I have read from first post to last post I am trying to grasp how a longer barrel changes my velocity I get the physics side but how will my charge likely vary from someone with a 26" barrel I have a 31" barrel on my 338rum with a custom throat for a 4.088 Col (single shot) I'm thinking I need a slower powder is this accurate
thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.