338 Remington Ultra Mag load data desired

For what its worth I thought I would update my load data for you guys to chew on.
I left Hornady interbonds because 1" was the best I could get with H1000 and tried 225gr Nosler Accubond's.
I am hooked on these bullets now because in both my 264win and my 338RUM I am getting .3" groups and better!
My current 338rum load is 97.5gr H1000 over 225 Accubond at 3077fps avg 8fps spread! and .25" 3 shot hole. This is a factory XCR with a Carbolite stock, break and trigger job with a 6-24 Pentax Lightseeker scope. Average looks. Way above average performance for a gun with free bore from he//:D

I realize this is an old post but hoping someone can help me. Posting for a friend who uses a 700 Remington XCR II with a 26 inch barrel and a 2-2 1/4 inch muzzle break. He's looking for a 300 RUM load using a 300 grain Sierra MatchKing bullet. He's been told that there is load data out there using Retumbo and has over 2900 fps. Does anyone know or have the load data for this? Thank you

Just my 2 cents. I have been loading the 338 rum with 300 Bergers for over three years now and have found that 87 grains of Retumbo with 215 primers loaded to 3.78oal at just over 2700fps has been my most accurate load. Have tried many bullets and many powders in many configerations and this is my pet load. My fiend loads 83 grains 7828ssc at 2740fps and gets great results with 300 Nosler accubonds. I can't find any so I will have to rely on his shooting.

Since getting my new Bartlein barrel several months ago, I am only shooting REL33. 99 grains is yielding a bit over 2800 fps with a 300 gr Berger OTM. The 300 gr accubond is around 2780. Both loads are grouping very well and are interchangeable as far as POI. I ran all the way up to 102 grs of REL 33 and got 2900 fps, but the accuracy wasn't as good as the 99 gr load.

My old load with my last Broughton barrel was 90 gr of H-1000 at around 2775.

I have a Rem 700 in 338 RUM a xcr2.

I plan on using 250 Sierra GK and IMR 7828

Has anyone used IMR 7828 in the 338 RUM?

I noticed a lot of powder weight differences in different reloading manuals with 250's and IMR 7828.

My goal is 3000 FPS

New here, been searching for 338 RUM data for a while.

Decided to work up my own pressure ladder and found this load.

Brass: 338 RUM -Remington
Primer: Winchester LRM
Powder: H1000 - 87.6gr
Bullet: Berger 300gr Elite Hunting Hybrid
.015 jump to the lands ( fits in CIP length mags )
2645fps

Rifle: Sako TRG 42 with 26 1/2" barrel

I need new dies as my Hornady dies are producting inconsistent seating and TONS of runout. However when sorted this rifle has been holding near half moa as far as 1340 yards.

I need new dies as my Hornady dies are producting inconsistent seating and TONS of runout. However when sorted this rifle has been holding near half moa as far as 1340 yards.

Are the Berger bullet tips making contact with your seating stem? May need a VLD stem or modify the dies you have now.

Are the Berger bullet tips making contact with your seating stem? May need a VLD stem or modify the dies you have now.

They very well could be, but right now the first major issue is the piece that contacts the neck shoulder junction. It makes contact with the case mouth about 1/4" above the neck shoulder junction. I am sure it was just a mistake whoever put the die together, hornady has a replacement part on the way, once it gets here I may have to check the stem and possibly open it up a bit. I am also going to try and make the switch over to the new 285s.

So I will be keeping an eye out for 285 amax and eld loads.

I got excellent results with 91.0 of RL22 with Swift 225 A frame

Currently using IMR 7828 @93.0 with 230gr Fail Safes

RP brass and CCI 250 primers

My 700 XCR2
HS stock
HS bottom Detachable
Redfield Immuminator 3x9 Accutrac
Mag Na Ported
Redfield Bases and Rings

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.