338 Norma Mag Build Decisions?

Yes, the OTM's are much more available than the "Elite Hunter". It's virtually the same bullet but the jacket on the Hunter is thinner.

I also think it's interesting that the 338 Norma Mag seems to be driving sales for quite a few gunsmiths yet I haven't heard of much interest commercially. Load data is non existent with the exception of Norma powders.

Edit: I see on Bruno's site where they're offering the Elite Hunter in .338 too. Thanks

Here's a couple wildcats that I Frankensteined offa the .338 Norma Magnum, longer necks with bumped up 35 degree shoulders......
also in the works is a .375 version

Attachments

• 6.5 PRO, 7.62 PRO, 338 Norma Mag.jpg
    6.5 PRO, 7.62 PRO, 338 Norma Mag.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 100
Gave Mikes Gun Sales a call no answer yet. Also talked to the guys at Schneider and the wait time is about 8 weeks which is fine. I'm going to order a barrel when I decide what contour I need to go with. My current barrel is Sendaro contour at 30 in with flutes. I would like to keep the same barrel weight or slightly heavier at 26 in with no flutes, can anyone tell me what contour or custom contour would be closest to this.
(yes I changed my mind from 30in to 26in now :rolleyes:)

Well I was just about ready to pull the trigger on this, but plans have changed for the better. I recently purchased a 338 Allen Mag from a forum member so the Norma will have to wait and I'm goin to keep my EDGE as it is.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.