338 Nawakwa project

ewallace

I had a 1.450 10t lilja 17 3/4" barrel laying around and decided to chamber it for the 338 Nawakwa on a Lawton action with a Mckree aluminum stock Jewell 2oz trigger and topped it off with a 30 moa base Bear Rings and a 8x32x56 Nightforce scope. I loaded up some 300g SMK with 90 to 92g of H1000 and some Retumbo loads 100g and am going to test them tomorrow. Hopping for just over 2700fps.

Ernie

SPONSOR
Eric,
Look forward to the results once you get bullets flying down range.

ewallace

it is a 338 lapua imp here is a link to a pic of the case with others to compare

bar63

What is your McKree stock like? Curious about velocity and groups, like everyone else.

JUDD

May be a stupid ? but what is the benefit of this over a straight 338 lapua improved?

Not tryin to flame you here just looking to learn a bit!

bar63

Thanks for the reply. I have a friend here that is building his 3rd XP for hunting. He is interested in the stock. Who sells them? We have used Brown and HS stocks before.

ewallace

What is done to the case? I assume it is blowed out a bit and shoulder angle changed?
The neck is pushed forward shoulder angle is steepened and min taper on the case in a rifle I am shooting 100g of Retumbo with the 300g SMK at 3050fps out of a 32" Barrel
I was shooting H1000 I shot loads from 90g to 94g

bar63

Ernie,

Actually it was your specific stock that got the ball rolling. The pictures in "Handgunner" of the 1000 yd shoot in Sundance aroused curiosity. We had seen a lot of XP stocks over the years, but none like that. I have been in conversation with Richard Mertz about several of us from Green River coming up to his shoot this June. Thanks.

Dan

Ernie

SPONSOR
Dan,
Hope you can make it to Mertz's shoot-It will be a lot of fun.
If you have any questions about the shoot, give me a call.
307-257-7431

Recent Posts

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce