338 LM, Barnes 225 TTSX, and H1000

Long Dog

It has been a while since I have posted... mostly because I have been perfecting already developed loads for my favorite guns. I have recently got ahold of another 338 LM built lightweight for hunting. I am looking to push 225 TTSXs to about 3050 FPS to match the NF Velocity reticle that I have on the scope. Is it in the realm of the feasable to achieve this with H1000? If not, is there another powder that I could reach 3050 FPS without pressure issues?
thanks in advance for the assistance.

In my 338 ultra, I am getting 3075 fps, with 97.0 grs H1000, 225 TTSX. Benchmark 28 inch barrel. I could go more on powder, but it's just the start of a compressed load. No pressure signs.

I appreciate it. that will be a solid starting point then. What altitude are you shooting at for the most part? I am at 862' where i do most of my load development. I took a gun that had zero pressure signs to 3000 in Montana... **** near needed to take a hammer to the bolt to get it up. that is the reason I ask.
Thanks again Gun addict!

much appreciated... going to do some load testing tomorrow... Will let you know how it goes.

Went to the range and shot the loads I developed. I had loads from 95 to 98 grains loaded all set with a bullet jump of .030". Shot the first 3 rounds at 95 grains at 200 yards. Just a touch over a 1/2" group at 3039 for. Shot 3 at 96 grains, same results on paper with the velocity at 3059 for average and an ES of 11. I'll take it!!!!

Stretched it out to 550 yards, put two on the horizontal target line about 2" and 3" right. Stopped shooting. Went back and stacked 20 more of the same. Headed back to the range to finalize the zero and put in in the gun box until time to put a BBD!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.