Leupold VX5HD 3-15x44 w/ Firedot
1in Limbsaver recoil pad
Terminator T3 muzzle brake
338 Norma Magnum
285gn ELD-X @ a lazy 2740fps

RHS - SM.jpg
8lb 5oz as seen in the photo.

Last edited:
What's the weight on that rifle? Is that a Titanium Pierce? Sweet looking rifle. Want to build another rifle similar
As it is in picture, without bi-pod is 7.4 according to my scale. I put a fairly heavy scope on it and it is just at 9.6. The serial number has TI in it but I was told it is not a titanium action. Jewel trigger is out of this world!

Thanks for the reply. No you don't have to weigh it. Approximate is close enough. Sweet rig

Its not ti, I want to say it was between 7.25 and 7.5lbs but really don't remember exactly. I have one that's almost identical I can pull out and weigh if needed.

300 OTM 2750

Attachments

• 6x6 & norma.jpg
    6x6 & norma.jpg
    848.8 KB · Views: 195
  • SP 550 goat.jpg
    SP 550 goat.jpg
    862.7 KB · Views: 203
My lightest 338 is a Rifles Inc. in 338 win. mag. 700 action, Benchmark bbl.@ 23" plus Lex's 1" Slimbrake. It does extremely well with 225 gr. TTSX's.
With Talley lightweights and a Leupold VX3 4.5 - 14 x 40 LR with a moa reticle, it goes 6 lb. 8.5 oz.
This gun covers any type of big game hunting at any range that I am capable of shooting.

I had a 5.5lb 340wby built by Rich Reilly of htcustoms.com I loved that rifle and should have kept it. It was a great elk hunting rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.