338 Lazzeroni Titan

Brent

Nov/Dec issue of Rifle Shooter magazine lists a 250gn Swift A at 3150fps. I assume with a 26" barrell. No 300gn data is given. with a 36-40" tube would one be able to obtain 3100-3200 with the 300gn Sierra?

The Titan has a case capacity of ruffly 126 grains. I talked to Mr. Lazzeroni a while back about it. He had no idea of what this cartridge would do with a 300 grain Match King. But just compare the case capacity. His cases are very stronge so you could run the pressure up quit a bit.

I have sako m995 trg-s in the lazzeroni warbird, I'm wanting to rechamber it to the lazzeroni titan or 338 lapua improved. I have a lot of warbird brass. Can I use this same brass and go to the titan, case size is the same, going from .308 to .338 How hard is it to neck it up. lightbulbI've had little very little problems with the brass. a couple of loose primers when I've pushed the limit a bit. The lapua brass would be cheaper don't know anything about fire forming. Will use this mainly with 250 to 300 grain bullets 1-10 twist. I haven't seen any reloading data for the titan with 300vld's. Anyone have any thoughts.

Re: 338 Lazzeroni Titan vs 338 lapua improved

I have sako m995 trg-s in the lazzeroni warbird, I'm wanting to rechamber it to the lazzeroni titan or 338 lapua improved. I have a lot of warbird brass. Can I use this same brass and go to the titan, case size is the same, going from .308 to .338 How hard is it to neck it up. lightbulbI've had little very little problems with the brass. a couple of loose primers when I've pushed the limit a bit. The lapua brass would be cheaper don't know anything about fire forming. Will use this mainly with 250 to 300 grain bullets 1-10 twist. I haven't seen any reloading data for the titan with 300vld's. Anyone have any thoughts. I think the case capacity is about the same in both.

below is the latest example of the big Lazzeroni Titan spittin out 300gr SMK ,,, bout 2,875 in 26" SS 10 twist Schneider polygon barrel, retumbo powder, fed 215 primer, 66,000 PSI pressure ,,,,,,

very easy to neck Warbird brass UP to the Lazz 8.59 (.338) Titan caliber ,,, I would anneal the necks first, then load about 9-12gr of red dot shotgun powder in the very bottom of the case, keep upright, then fill to the bottom of the neck with cream of wheat cereal, stuff a small wad of toilet paper in the end ,,,, hold rifle upright when shooting these out in the open, and fire away ,,,,,,

will not erode the barrel or do anything nasty while fireforming ,,,,

Attachments

• L2012040--W-TargetTableShotSmSz11-12-2015.jpg
    L2012040--W-TargetTableShotSmSz11-12-2015.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 288
The 338 Titan (Lazz) and the 338 Texan (JE Custom) have roughly the same case capacity. I can shoot the 250 Berger (in the Texan) 3400 with a estimated 65-68k psi. The psi is only a assumption that Quickload says. The fps is confirmed. I also shot the 300 smk and 300 Berger 3098 fps. It will go much faster but accuracy drops dramatically the faster you push it. You should be able to get what your looking for with some ladder testing. Those speeds are achievable...just depends on how hard you want to work the brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.