• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED .338 Lapua

sammyv7777

Hello, a friend of mine placed a bid on a .338 Lapua not thinking he was going to win but got to work this morning to see an awaiting payment email. HAHA works out good for me, because I get to shoot it. Just wondering if any of you have worked up some loads that shoot well out of the Savage 110 BA .338? Plan on shooting deer with it. I know it is a little over kill but I really prefer them to drop in thier tracks rather then pulling them out of a sticker bush. Please advise.

Hello, a friend of mine placed a bid on a .338 Lapua not thinking he was going to win but got to work this morning to see an awaiting payment email. HAHA works out good for me, because I get to shoot it. Just wondering if any of you have worked up some loads that shoot well out of the Savage 110 BA .338? Plan on shooting deer with it. I know it is a little over kill but I really prefer them to drop in thier tracks rather then pulling them out of a sticker bush. Please advise.

Yeah and would like to see the pics of the end result.. I shoot the same gun with Hornady 285 gr BTHP with 89.5 gr of h1000.
with the lapua brass

I will definitely post some end results. And try the load you suggested along with a few others until I find one that works well.