338 lapua

....A Sako TRG is 4500 and the Steyr is about the same depending on how optioned and both will outshoot the Savage accuracy wise and neither use what I consider a clunky (and expensive) magazine like the Savage uses.

The Savage is a nice entry level rifle in large caliber with some quirks. The bolt is sloppy and it's heavy.

The TRG is more of a hunting piece while the Steyr is more of a 'sniper' style rifle with folding stock and the usual plastic parts.... The actions are crisp and tight on both, unlike the Savage but then the price is substantially more. You get what you pay for.

I'm not implying the Savage won't shoot well, because it does, what I'm saying is both the Steyr and the TRG do it better and are more accurate downrange.

For dollar spent versus product bought, you can't beat the Savage in any flavor, 11-11, HS or 10BA.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.