338 lapua vs 338 edge case life.

bobcat trapper

Ive been doing a fair amount of research on a big 338 my was wondering what kind of case life to expect out of each. The lapua of course would be running lapua brass as well. I don't normal red line my reloads but like to get full performance out of a cartridge. I know Shawn Carlock offers some high end edge brass does anyone know how it stacks up with lapua?

Lapua brass is top notch and with proper care and annealing it will last a longtime.
The steeper angle of the edge design is harder on brass than the 338 lapua imho.

First off, there is no argument that lapua brass is top notch!! But Shawn Carlock now carries new propriatary 338 Edge brass that is suppose to be as good as the Lapua. I have 100 pieces ready to load after my current 50 pieces give out, but those damm Remmy brass will just not give up!!! I have 5 loads on them now (300 Bergers at 2840) and the primer pockets are still very tight and the accuracy is supurb!!!

Go figure...:cool:

Tod

We shoot our 338 ULTRA IMP at 3000 with 300 Berger and have 5 firings on the brass. My 338 Lapua IMP has a lot more firings on the Brass and no sign of Failure. I have shot some of them at 3100 with a few different powders. Matt

338 lapua has 5x loadings on brass from rem 700 mlr gun. All have been warm-hot loads. 2750-2850 fps with 300 otm bergers. No had but 1 loose primer. All 99 others have good tight primer pockets. I have only trimmed them 1 time.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.