338 Lapua rifle.

icekra

:) Well, I like to build a new rifle in 338 Lapua. So I need good advice about witch action, barrel ( twist rate, length Contour etc. ) stock, trigger and rings and base I should take.

I like the GRS longrange stock ( http://grsriflestocks.com/grodas/long-range ), jewell trigger,
Kriger barrel HV 1:10 twist rate,
Stiller or BAT action
Spuhr rings ( http://spuhr.com/Our%20models.html )
I have Zeiss 6-24x72 scope.

Regards
Icekra

I have not shot one yet, however the 338 Norma sounds pretty **** interesting! (There are several reviews on here) Balistically identical and uses a lot less powder. If that is something you would be interested in that would open up a whole bunch of action options for you.

Just a thought.

Why not a Sako TRG. I have a friend that shoots 1000 bench with custom, and he loves his trg,shoots one hole at 200.Another friend that shoots same has a 338 LAIMP on a Bat and it works great for him but it is 22-24 #'s

I have a Bat Action, manner's stock, jewel trigger with a 28" lilja barrel that is a #5 contour. I would use a #7 next time around, the 5 is too light in my opinion. the rifle is very accurate! I can post a photo, if you like?

Last edited:
I tried to send it to your email, but it did not go through, so here it is.

Attachments

• P9060020[1] 338 Lapua.jpg
    P9060020[1] 338 Lapua.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 77
You're not planning on shooting those artic fox with a 338 Lapua are you? You won't even be able to find the tail for the bounty. :)

My current build is a 338 Lapua Improved. Specs are:

Action: Stiller TAC-338
Barrel: Rock Creek - 30" Heavy Palma, fluted, 1 in 9.4 twist
(also have Krieger 30" Heavy Palma on order. Not sure which one I will use)
Brake: Four port Muscle brake from Center Shot Rifles
Stock: McRee Precision Gen5 - TMag aluminum folder
trigger: Kepplinger single-set or Huber two-stage (not sure which I will use).
Rings: Seekins 30mm
Base: Seekins 20MOA
Scope: Nightforce NXS NP-R2 5.5-22x50mm

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.