338 lapua reloading

Chappy22

Hello everyone i'm new to this site and i am in the process of building a 338 lapua for long range hunting and was just curious as to what some of the lapua shooters are using for accuracy loads. I know that one load may shoot well in one gun and not another but i would like to narrow down to some of the better powders for this caliber. I will have a 27.5" barrel with a 1:10 twist and would like to stick to 250 grain bullets because i will be using a DBM. The action is a sako M995 if that makes a difference. Right now i am looking at using the 250 nosler accubond or the hornady match. I know the sierra matchkings are very popular but i would like a more dependable hunting bullet. If there are any suggestions for loads to try i would greatly appreciate it. Also if anyone has load data for the 250 accubond can you please pass it on as nosler doesn't show data for it in their new reloading manual.

Thanks for any input.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts