338 lapua on yotes?

myrifleisLapua

Anyone here hunted totes with lapua? Id like some pics if so . Id like what ballistic tips do out if it like the interbond,sat,ttsx and others

I can tell ya this week some time, buddy of mine just bought a savage 110 BA and we are goin yote shootin Monday or Tuesday....I'm anxious to see what these 150 grain silvertips will do to em outs my 300 wsm....

I shot one this year while deer hunting at 500 something i think it was with 300 SMK out of my 338 lapua it had mange though so i didnt go look at it but I assure it was very final

I can tell you that a 300 WM shooting a 190 VLD at 508 yards on a coyote quartering toward you will take off the far hind quarter. Can you say nasty?

880 yards with a 300 SMK from my .338 LM

DSC01797Large.jpg

Broz said:
Yeah, but that is right in the middle of Elk and deer here. Maybe one day tho.

Jeff

This year we did 10 days of headgear huntin then ten days of antlerless...that's a record 20 days in a row for Missouri rifle season! Hoping for the same this year....still sucks that we've just got 10 days to kill a buck...unless you've got stick and string or a smoke poll....

i shot one right at 300 yards this summer with a 338 edge using a 250 grain smk.it was quartered away so the bullet went behing his front shoulder and out the center of her chest.the exit hole was the same size as the entrance and she ran about 100 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.