• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

338 lapua muzzle brake

Go to MuzzleBrakesandMore.com and get a MBM Beast 5 port in your thread size. Around $100 I believe, then a crush washer, or gun smith timeing job. He also has 2 piece models that you can install yourself for around $150ish.

Or go to www.shootlong.com and get a Terminator T3 or T4, something like that for $225 and up, and then have a smith time it for you, or possibly use a crush washer.

They are both good brakes and will make your .338 very manageable to shoot, I have had both. Currently have a MBM Beast TI 5 port on a 9 lb 3 oz .338 Norma Mag, shooting 270 Badland Precision bullets at 2900 fps or 300 Bergers at 2650 fps recoil is about like a 10 lb unbraked .308 win with a standard 168 load. The T3 is on a 11 lb .338 Norma Mag, and recoil is about the same as my other rifle, sending 300 Bergers at 2775 fps.

Below is the 5 port beast on my #5 24" Lilja, followed by a Terminator T3 on a Carbon Six Magnum contour @28".
20191127_205533.jpg
20180608_222155.jpg

Stock makes a big difference in felt recoil as well. Both the .338 NM's I have shot a good amount have Manners EH-1's, only difference is the one with the Terminator is 2 lbs heavier. Recoil is very similar between the two, with the heavier one not being quite as sharp, but that is to be expected being heavier. Both of them have significant blast, both have great recoil reduction, both are top tier brakes in my opinion, cant go wrong with either. I think the Terminator series looks a little better, and the MBM brakes work a very small amount better depending on application, and are cheaper. I wouldn't hesitate to use either.

Another good option for a lapua not mention is an APS Painkiller brake. It's up there with em too. What I recommend is to go to youtube and look up the videos that Natan from MBM and the owner of Terminator brakes have made to see how they compare to other well known brakes. Those videos will get you well informed.