338 Lapua Magnum 2950fps for out the box 110FCP 246gr bullet, good or not so good velocity???

I have a 30" bbl . I shoot 300 gr Bergers . the velocity I use in my ballistics is 2939FPS .

what bbl length do you have ? how's your accuracy ? if it's accurate I wouldn't worry about that velocity , it's fast enough to work well at distance.

The glass on this rig was the best I could afford, disabled from 4 major back surgeries, and fixed income. Bought a barely used Nightforce from a buddy that upgraded it's the SHV 5-20x56, best glass on any of my rigs, my 7STW has a Shepherd 3-10x44 with the circles for range 18" in it, has worked great, but nowhere near the NF, but sure makes it easy to range, the circle that fits, let um wear it...lol

that nightforce will be a good scope for you . how far can you shoot out the gas line ?
Hey you guys, I am not questioning any of the velocities y'all are getting, but I hand load for my 378 Weatherby, And the best I have recorded is a little over 2800 fps using 300 Nosler bullets and 118 grs of 7828. I know Lapua 338's are great long-range shooters, but how do I get my 378 to shoot like a 338? And, I am not trying to be funny or sarcastic.

Hey you guys, I am not questioning any of the velocities y'all are getting, but I hand load for my 378 Weatherby, And the best I have recorded is a little over 2800 fps using 300 Nosler bullets and 118 grs of 7828. I know Lapua 338's are great long-range shooters, but how do I get my 378 to shoot like a 338? And, I am not trying to be funny or sarcastic.
As with anything else, YMMV. Propelling a 300 grainer at 2800 FPS is no slouch. You might consider starting a separate thread for better yield specific to your query. Any responses you get from this thread will be buried for future queries. It is also out of respect to the OP's post from being hijacked. Good luck!

Last edited: