338 lapua mag

they dont fall out but checking the ogive you can push them into the case deeper than 2.777 which is mag lenght . i had them in the heat for 6 sec

Re: 338 Lapua Brass - Annealing

You've using a much hotter flame than I use if you totally de-tempered the .338 Lapua case necks in 6 seconds.

I use ~5 seconds for .223 case necks. 5.5-6 seconds for .338 case necks. I adjust my propane feed so that the deep blue flame tip is about 5/8" long. Deep blue flame tip applied to the neck shoulder junction for case necks.

For fireforming case shoulders (expanding case shoulders to AI), I apply the deep blue flame tip to the shoulder area and add 1/2 to 1 second of time exposure in the flame.

If you're using butane or a hotter/larger propane flame, dwell times would need to be reduced.

i think that is what i did flame was to hot ill probley get rid of them and start again thanks for the input

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.