.338 lapua mag

I think it depends on the kind of shooting you plan on doing. Both will work. The 8x32 is more of a bench rest target style scope with an objective mounted parallax adjustment, and different style turrets with 1/8 min. clicks. I have both and prefer the NXS 5.5x22 with the side parallax, and 1/4 min turrets, 20 MOA per revolution. I have not found the difference in magnification an issue at the longer ranges. Reticule choice is more of a factor.

The scopes on my 338 LM went like this. First 5.5x22 then tried a 8x32 the went back to the 5.5x22. Reason was the limited 65 moa of the 8x32 and the 32x was a bit much for mirage in most cases. The extra magnification was nice at times but it didn't out weigh the need for more elevation adjustment.

Jeff

. The 8x32 is more of a bench rest target style scope with an objective mounted parallax adjustment, and different style turrets with 1/8 min. clicks.

You must have a BR model for they 32. They also make a 8x32 NXS which is the same scope as the 5.5x22 NXS only it has 65 moa elevation and the 22 has 100. They both have .25 MOA turrets and both have side parallax knob. Look exactly the same externally.

Jeff

You must have a BR model for they 32. They also make a 8x32 NXS which is the same scope as the 5.5x22 NXS only it has 65 moa elevation and the 22 has 100. They both have .25 MOA turrets and both have side parallax knob. Look exactly the same externally.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I didnt realize they had the NXS in 32x. I bought the benchrest a few years ago.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.