338 Lapua Mag Ackley Improved Match Reloading Dies

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
We are in the process of building a 338 Lapua Mag Ackley Improved. We are gathering reloading components right now and will probably finish the build in late 2022 or 2023. Right now we have several hundred pieces of brass to fire form, several hundred loaded 338LM 250 gr and several hundred 300gr Berger OTM Hybrid bullets. What we need now is to get reloading dies. If anyone out there has 338 LM Ai Match dies and wants to sell or let us know where you got them from we would appreciate. I could get a match reamer ant then send to Whidden Gunworks Dies to match the reamer. Just checking to see if anyone has done this. May save us some time.

Thanks

Len and Jill

@andrewsben might be able to help out in some way here.

@andrewsben might be able to help out in some way here.

Thanks I just saw that post. I thought about Whidden dies before, just wanted to get more opinions.

I went with whidden but redding had options. I sent redding my reamer print and they sent me the model numbers that matched my reamer, just couldn't find them anywhere, so went custom die route. I know when I was looking for dies there were several other smaller shops that could have made custom dies for me, but don't recall, and it's been a few years.

Seems like I had an rcbs gold medal 338 Lapua seater stem reamed too. But that doesn't really help with sizer dies, might be cheaper that route for a micrometer seater, just had a spare set on hand when I was send the barrel off

Seems like I had an rcbs gold medal 338 Lapua seater stem reamed too. But that doesn't really help with sizer dies, might be cheaper that route for a micrometer seater, just had a spare set on hand when I was send the barrel off
I'll know much better when we cut the chamber and fire form for the 338LM Ackley Improved. Once we have a case we can send it out to get a precision die set.
Thanks

Did you ever find dies?
Sorry we are still looking for Dies, but my good friend has some Windden custom 338LM on the way. We won't get a set of custom Windden dies until I cut the chamber and fire several 3x to get an accurate chamber measurement. At least we can get some cases to fire form in the new chamber 338lmai.
thanks much for asking
Happy holidays- May you and your family have a healthy and prosperous new year!
len & Jill
I

I'm following this thread since this is something that I plan to do in the future. It may not be for another five or ten years but it is definitely something that I plan to do someday. Money, 🙄 gotta have it but it takes so long to get it and then it leaves so quickly. 🥵
I'm looking forward to your results!

I'm following this thread since this is something that I plan to do in the future. It may not be for another five or ten years but it is definitely something that I plan to do someday. Money, 🙄 gotta have it but it takes so long to get it and then it leaves so quickly. 🥵
I'm looking forward to your results!
Got a lot of info for you before you start

Because of availability, i went ahead and ordered 338 Norma instead. Just need to choose an action...

I'll have to see how the dies i ordered pan out, i may have to get some Whidden dies for the Norma. I ordered a Mausingfield today. Fun times

If someone us looking - Redding makes a version 1 and version 2 - 40 degree 338 Lapua improved die set that Accurate Arms typically stocks. The version 1 is like an Ackley 40 degree and the version 2 is straighter walls and maybe taller shoulder?