338 Lapua Improved 40 degree with print. Which design is better?

I sent my custom print to JGS. I settled on a Lead of .215 since I'll be using a variety of 300gr or 285gr bullets. I hope that was a good estimate. I'll have to load around that lead length and hope the bullet doesn't take up much space in the case.

I sent my custom print to JGS. I settled on a Lead of .215 since I'll be using a variety of 300gr or 285gr bullets. I hope that was a good estimate. I'll have to load around that lead length and hope the bullet doesn't take up much space in the case.

I think you're in the ballpark. I went back and forth on Lead length. I think I settled on 0.225" for my .338 Lapua 37*. Which is essentially the same as what you decided to go with. A difference of 0.010" is insignificant when it comes to LEAD length.

Curious; did JGS have any comments on the shoulder diameter and case body taper on your reamer spec? Were they good with the 0.08805" taper/20 inches? Good luck on your rifle project!

I think you're in the ballpark. I went back and forth on Lead length. I think I settled on 0.225" for my .338 Lapua 37*. Which is essentially the same as what you decided to go with. A difference of 0.010" is insignificant when it comes to LEAD length.

Curious; did JGS have any comments on the shoulder diameter and case body taper on your reamer spec? Were they good with the 0.08805" taper/20 inches? Good luck on your rifle project!

The tech is going to contact me after checking out the print. I'll keep you posted.
This is what I sent:

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.