• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED .338 Lapua for sale $1550

seacat

Ar-30 in the much desired .338 Lapua cartridge. It is equipped with a 5 shot clip, 28 inch barrel and an extremely good muzzle break. The mild recoil is often compared to a .308 but down range it hits like a sledgehammer. One shot DRT moose at 437 yards on my Alaskan trip. This rifle is the most accurate rifle I've owned and is in better than new condition. Shipped with original case and materials. It is offered with a Huskemaw 5X20 scope with two drop compensator turrets that lets you dial in the range to target instead of mills for an additional $950.00. You can actually use the second turret for mounting this scope on another rifle!

Email Bob Bardwell at [email protected]

Attachments

• P1000994.JPG
    P1000994.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
What does it weigh ? How many rounds through it ? What kind of groupes how far have you shot it for groupes ? Any brass or dies ? What ballet you shot ?

Thanks for your interest New Shooter,
I just weighed it on my kitchen scale and it weighed 14.4 pounds including the scope which was quite manageable considering its long range capabilities.
I bought it in Alaska with four boxes of shells and I have one left so the total bullets down the barrel is 60.
We took time to shoot in the barrel after the scope was mounted in Anchorage. Eventually we fired three bullets prone at 110 yards in the field with the first three touching at 11:00. We made the correction and fired two that touched 3" @ 12:00. That is the only target we shot as we conserved bullets for the remote hunt. Everyone in the party wanted to shoot after the hunt so we broke a lot of boulders at long range but, it has never seen a bench. The two scope turrets have never been ordered so a new shooter would be able to order turrets for his favorite loads.
The expended bullets were reloaded with 300gr MK in front of 81gr of 7828 because it is all we had. Perhaps you could get tested reload information here.
Thanks again New Shooter,
Bob