338 lapua Build advice sav 110/stevens 200

Just did some more research. According to the authority on savage rifles (Fred at SSS), any rifle with a serial number beginning with G is most likely a large shank.
Any info or resource regarding the different heat treatment of the receiver? Or is that internet truth?

Just did some more research. According to the authority on savage rifles (Fred at SSS), any rifle with a serial number beginning with G is most likely a large shank.
Any info or resource regarding the different heat treatment of the receiver? Or is that internet truth?

The different heat treat rumor also came from Fred.

gee thanks for reply, But now Im even more confused since I'm holding a 110 in 338lm,
Geargrinder you've been a nay sayer for 8-9 years and basically run off old NFG, If that's the only kind of response this place gives out "don't do it because I said" I'm outta here your kingdom is safe

PEACE

Perhaps you should read it again.

I never said that is shouldn't be done because I said so.

I gave several reasons why it shouldn't be done.

I also noted that others have done it and have not had any problems.

I also stated my opinion that some of the pitfalls could me mitigated by using a shouldered barrel.

You asked what we decided, I told you what I decided.

Again, it's my opinion. You're free to have your own. It's not my kingdom, not even my monkeys, nor my zoo.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.