338 Lapua and 250 accubonds

losthelegend

Here is my set up:

Rem 700 Action--trued and blueprinted
28" barrel w/ muscle brake 1-10 twist
B&C A5 stock
Timney trigger set at 2 lbs
extended box mag

I have purchased Nosler brass, Nosler accubonds and H-1000 powder. This is what I plan on starting load data with. I have researched the OCW method and found that the nosler resource load page said that 94 grains is max load. I dropped of 10% and am beginning with this OCW approach:

84.6 gr--1 POI load
86.3 gr--1 POI load
88.0 gr--1 POI load
89.8 gr--3 loads
90.5 gr--3 loads
91.2 gr--3 loads
91.9 gr--3 loads
92.6 gr--3 loads
93.3 gr--3 loads
94 gr--3 loads
94.7 gr--3 loads

This is my first time with the 338 Lapua and have no previous experience loading for this round. What kind of pressures are you guys seeing? Do you see any issues with this OCW approach? Am I starting with too little powder or too much? I only purchased one pound of H1000 and am opened minded to other powders and bullets but would like to give these a try first. I have researched a ton of loads and am a little more confused that when I started. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your input and time.

I have a Remington 700P in 338LM. I've found H4831SC to work the best with any of the 250 grain bullets. I've had no luck with H1000. Check the Hodgdon website for loads.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.