338 lapua ai long range video

jskmtd

Went out today to verify a load that I have been working on for my 338 lapua ackley improved with 300 grain berger otm's. After shooting a couple of groups I had 3 rounds left so i picked out some snow on rocks at 986 and 1210 yards. The wind was around 4-5 mph from 10-11 o'clock. The first video from 986 yards I dialed 19.5 moa up and 1.5 moa left. The second video from 1210 yards I dialed 27 moa up and 2 moa left.

It is fun! I enjoy shooting long range so much, it's such a feeling of accomplishment when it all comes together.
I had been wanting a 338 lapua ai for a long time when I had this one built, so far no regrets.

That's great. What FPS are you getting and what length barrel?
My brother is at 3100fps with the 300 laser out of a 34" tube. I'm alway curious as to the difference in improved chambers.
Thanks

What are y'all's loads if you don't mind sharing? (I just got my 338 Lapua AI a few weeks ago and am trying to gather intel on where to start with my loads)

It has a 28" barrel and I'm getting 2950fps. I was hoping for 3000fps but hit pressure signs.
That's great speed. I just got a Edge bbl back from Shawn Carlock with his + P throat.
Looks like it's going to be around 2950-2975 with H-1000. Do u care to share the powder ur using ? Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.