.338 Lapua ackley

Before you use Gun Juice you have to get 100% clean, all copper and carbon MUST be removed.
If you coat over it with Juice it will be there permanently. I would recommend Wipe Out as a cleaner, you may need to use 2 or 3 doses to get everything out.
I started my own rifles from shot#1 with Juice. I clean any of my rifles only when the grouping starts to open up which so far seems to be not at all. I do however run 1 wet patch of Juice down the bore after a days shooting. To date no copper has built up so I have not bothered to clean. I am watching my bore with a borescope.
Use of Gun Juice will increase velocity as you treat the barrel, I have not experienced any change in velocities since treating the bore.
The Gun Juice is made by Microlon and is available in the US, I am a dealer for it in Canada.

So do you believe gun juice will help your throat from fire cracking? DO you have any rifle that you have put 700 + rounds down that still no fire cracking? In the 338 improved? I am wondering what real benefit you get out of it? Is there anyone else that can tell what experience they have had with gun juice good or bad? thanks for the input.

So do you believe gun juice will help your throat from fire cracking? DO you have any rifle that you have put 700 + rounds down that still no fire cracking? In the 338 improved? I am wondering what real benefit you get out of it? Is there anyone else that can tell what experience they have had with gun juice good or bad? thanks for the input.

I have 1800 rnds out my 1 st 338LAI and 4500 rnds out of a 300 win mag I built a few years back, both which exhibit virtually NO throat erosion or firecracking. Both should look like parched desert mud by now but don't, the only thing I can attribute it to is Gun Juice.
The 338 has a Rock Creek barrel the 300 a Smith so I can not say it is anything to do with the barrel.
All I can tell you is I AM a believer in this product , it works for me and many of my clients.

I have 1800 rnds out my 1 st 338LAI and 4500 rnds out of a 300 win mag I built a few years back, both which exhibit virtually NO throat erosion or firecracking. Both should look like parched desert mud by now but don't, the only thing I can attribute it to is Gun Juice.
The 338 has a Rock Creek barrel the 300 a Smith so I can not say it is anything to do with the barrel.
All I can tell you is I AM a believer in this product , it works for me and many of my clients.

Normally when you hear a claim that is "Too good to be true" it is exactly that, while I dont doubt your claim it is interesting to me that the "MAGIC" ingredient in gun juice was tested back in 1972 on 4140 steel.
I would think that just by using common sense if this product was so miraculous why has it not been used much in the last 36 years?????????? has it been in a genie's bottle all this time?????
WOW I am just glad that someone stroked the genie bottle and saved us all.
UB

Normally when you hear a claim that is "Too good to be true" it is exactly that, while I dont doubt your claim it is interesting to me that the "MAGIC" ingredient in gun juice was tested back in 1972 on 4140 steel.
I would think that just by using common sense if this product was so miraculous why has it not been used much in the last 36 years?????????? has it been in a genie's bottle all this time?????
WOW I am just glad that someone stroked the genie bottle and saved us all.
UB

Have YOU tried it? Many knock products they have never used is why I ask. It is easy to slam stuff with no 1st hand knowledge. I think like many products there are some willing to try a product, use it as directed and find that A) either the manufacturer was not totally truthful, or B) the product works as claimed, in which case a person either does or doesn't continue to use said product.
My personal experience is that Gun Juice IS a great product and works as claimed, and interestingly 36 years years later Microlon is STILL in business. I would have thought if the product did not work, that after 36 years they would have failed to survive in business.
It seems apparent to me that unless you are a huge banking institution, insurance company or a poorly managed auto maker, the government won't bail you out, so maybe Microlon has survived by making a product that IS used by some and in enough quantity obviosly to stay in business.

long ranger,

Where's the post where you showed pics (or was it video) of the throat of your Lap AI after 1000 rounds, I think it was?

long ranger,

Where's the post where you showed pics (or was it video) of the throat of your Lap AI after 1000 rounds, I think it was?

I don't remeber where it got to. I will dig out the borescope and the camera again and post a more current photo shortly.
Those who believe me will believe, those who won't will only claim trick photos or something.

In that post Kirby challenged me on it, and as I mentioned to him, I have no idea why I am getting the results I am, but noine the less having built several dozen 338LAIs this last 2 years and all are exhibiting the same results can not be a coincidence.
The sheer volume of clients who I have built rifles for that have started their rifles lives with Gun Juice that are reporting similar results must mean something?????

long ranger,
This might have been asked, but is gun juice only beneficial if started
with a new barrel, or can you start using it with some rounds down the tube already, and stop throat erosion ?

long ranger,
This might have been asked, but is gun juice only beneficial if started
with a new barrel, or can you start using it with some rounds down the tube already, and stop throat erosion ?

I have used it with good effect on experienced rifles. The key is to get 110% of the copper and carbon build up out of the barrel BEFORE you use Gun Juice. Once the Juice coats over the bore everything that is under it is there permanently. Only 2 ways to get rid of Gun Juice, bead blasting or getting the metal over 700 degrees, neither in my opinion is good for a barrel.

I remember the thread, but can't seem to find it anywhere. Remind me of your application regimine. Something about before the first shot is fired, and then between each of the first 5 shots, and then .......

JeffVN

I remember the thread, but can't seem to find it anywhere. Remind me of your application regimine. Something about before the first shot is fired, and then between each of the first 5 shots, and then .......

JeffVN

A few wet patches before 1 st shot, then fire 1 shot, wet patch fire 1 shot, wet patch etc about 12 to 15 patches worth. At the end of a shooting session I will run a wet patch down the bore just to get the carbon out. Thats it, nothing complicated.
Essentially 1 is pushing a layer of some sort of superlube into the pores of the steel, the end product akin to teflon coating a fry pan.

My future project is to build one of these I know i can buy dies:), brass is expensive:( 338 bulletas are expensive:(, but I plan to only shoot this at load development, practice and long range hunting when needed so I would think 100 pieces of brass should last a long time. So I have a slight idea of what already to expect. Has anybody done this round and is there anything i need to know befor I order action for this case head size, and will I get 3000 fps with 300 grainers? I also have been talking Eric at Berger bullets and am waiting for a response on there knew 338 bullet so I can order a reamer from PTG. Any info would be appreciated. PS. New to the forum, 1st question probly a dumb 1!:rolleyes:

Hello,

I have shot them in both .338 versions and 30-338 versions. With the .338 improved, I get 2988.5 with the sierra match King and that is about 50 fps slower than out of my 33/378 with the high-velocity accuracy loads. With the .338 HAT bullet with a significantly higher BC and much less bearing surface, we get 3245.5 fps. The increased speed and BC will yield 8.4" less drop at 600 when zeroed at 400 as compared to the 300 SMK. Reports from shooters with different rifles and cases have indicated that a full 2 moa less drop at 800 yards.... You cannot find a more efficient bullet on the market than the HATS. By using the HAT 265s in the Laupa Improved, it basically gives the same performance of one of those 408 Cheytac based cases using a 300 smk and you will burn a whole lot less powder in the Lapua improved over a cheytac based case..... Furthermore, the 265 will leave almost a $100 bill sized exit wound at 600 yards as well.

Contact me at [email protected] or the bulletsmith at [email protected] for more information.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Lightvarmint

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts