.338 lapua accuracy ?

vcinri

I spent most of the winter experimenting with handloads for my recently acquired .338 Lapua and with a little help from some members, I settled on 96.5 gr. of H1000 and 250gr. Sierra Game King heads.

The load is giving me an 1.5"-2" group at 300yds on my last couple of visits to a windy range. It may do better under ideal conditions but I'm more than happy.

Heading to South Texas for my annual hog hunt and want to try some long range shots. Some of the ranch can offer 600- 800 yds. Being limited to only a 300 yd range here in RI, I'm kind of wondering what to expect out at further distances. Should I expect proportional grouping? that is ie. 3- 4" at 600 yds? Not really sure it works that way but I would really like to hear from some of you and your experiences.

Thanks,
VC

Last edited:
Yes at 300 yards or should hold that accuracy out at distance. Keep in mind everything gets compounded. So even shooting a .338 you will have to be very good at wind reads and all the other stuff.
Great time to try it out on hogs.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.