.338 Lap AI / AX / .338-378 WBY data

EXPRESS

I just got my .338 AMP back, which is close to identical to the .338 Allen Xpress and I suppose not much different to the other improved Lapua magnum based cases.

Here where I live it's not easy to get a wide variety of powders, with Vihtavuori being the most readily available, and recently the Swiss line of powders has become popular too. We don't get Hodgdon anymore, I got the last 5 1lb cans from the importer, at a price of $120 per pound!

No Reloader, no Aliant, no Norma to speak of.

So I can use the burn rate charts to get equivalents, and have done some searching only to find single loads people have shared for their own pet loads and powders.

Can I use the .338-378 Wby data and back it off by 3% to start with? My cases hold around 122 grains of water filled to the top of the neck, so it's right there with the .338-378Wby, aside from the different geometry.

I'd appreciate any input people can share to find a starting point for VV N170 and the Swiss RS80 as well as H1000 for the 5lbs I have.

Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.