338 Edge.

huskeric

Just thought I would drop a quick line and see if anyone could lead me in the right direction for re-loading data on the 338 edge. I just had one built and I am getting ready to work up a load. Any help or advise would be appreciated.gun)

if your going to shoot a 300 grain mach king start with about 87 grains of H1000 and work up from there with CCI magnum primers I'm shooting 90 grains of powder and getting 2846 FPS thats about max for my rifle

Thanks for the feedback that is coming in that helps a lot. I will be shooting the 300g Sierra. I have looked at Shawn's web site before and will be pulling data from that site but was also wondering what other peoples results had been. The rifle was built by Robert Krone in Nampa, Idaho. Thanks again for all of input and help.

My rifle likes 300SMK, Rem 300 ultra cases, H1000, CCI 250 primers, and .015 off the lands. I started at 88grs and worked up to 92.5grs to get 2840fps (ES of 12fps) and under 3/8 MOA. Every lot of H1000 will be a little different. This was the easiest load development I have ever done. Shot a 4 shot group that measured 5/8" @ 100 yards while cleaning every shot and increasing powder charge 1gr each shot.

I'm getting started with load development on the +P chamber version. Rifle built by Carlock. Savage 110, Hart SS straight 1.350" 1:9" twist 30" barrel w/Def. Edge brake. Razor HD Gen II. Super stoked! I purchased 50 unprimed Norma cases to start, 300 SMK and 85 gr Retumbo. I'll be working with RL 33 as well, til July when my backorder for N570 is projected to be here. Having issues with tighter than usual chambering with seated bullets. Cases making light contact with chamber at base of the neck. Cases chamber perfectly without bullets. Shawn has been very helpful, even as busy as he is. Loaded up 10 rounds to shoot today I hope. Not expecting to acheive anything other than verify no ill effects of the chambering issue. I did buy 100 rds of Remington 300RUM that I broke down for the brass. Ran these through same sizing process and they chambered easily. I look forward to contributing to this thread and learning from others.

I shot my edge yesterday. 28" barrel cci 250. Adg brass. 300 grain elite hunter. 92.5 H1000 for 2822. ES of 4. About 1.25"'at 300 yard. About .037 jump.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.