• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

338 Edge

Rum Man

For Sale a 338 Edge .
Trued Remington action
29" Kreiger heavy Palma flutted barrel with a blended radial brake & 1/10 twist .
Bell & Carlson A5. adj stock ,
This was set up for ELR shooting .
I have load data for it . 300 gr. Berger Otm's at 2849 ft.per.sec.
I have shot a three shot group at 100 yards in the same hole and a three 26 3/4" group at 3027 yards .
It's about 14.5 pounds rifle only .
Less than 200 rounds fired . It has a 55 moa Nightforce base on it too . 8/40 . It has a Timney trigger also ..

Asking $1,950.00 shipped in lower 48 .

Possible package deal with brass ,dies and some 300 gr bergers.
Thank you for looking !

SOLD PENDING FUNDS!

Rum Man

Attachments

• 20201203_060725.jpg
    20201203_060725.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 739
  • 20190709_184246.jpg
    20190709_184246.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 680
  • 20190808_214602.jpg
    20190808_214602.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 711
Last edited:
Just to make sure I'm thinking right (been a long day and I don't have experience with wildcats) the 338 edge is made from 338 lapua?

What is the twist rate?
What kind of trigger does it have? (And pull weight)

edit: I now see it says timney trigger, I must be blind today

Last edited:
Rum brass I believe— but not my sell. Rum Man will definitely drop some good knowledge here!
Oh yeah you're right. I thought something seemed different but now I realize my mistake.
Rum man, how does the edge compare to the lapua for velocity? I've been thinking about getting a 338 for ELR steel shooting.
Also, what's the process for making the edge? I've never had a wildcat before but I'm interested in buying this gun if it's easy enough for your average reloader Joe Shmo (me) to make.

No sir , it's just a 300 Rum necked up to 338 cal. Simple step to the brass .
Twist is 1/10 . Timney set right now at 2 lbs. My fingers are wore out , if I go any lower I cant feel it . I'm an Old Guy !
It's really a very popular round . Some guys run the 250 bergers or the 285 eldms. I built this Rifle for ELR and my goal was 2 Miles . I did shoot my personal best at 3027 yards so far .
I would have to double check all my dope and adj. But the way it's set up a guy to shoot past 2 miles .."IF " the Wind Gods were on your side that day !

Rum Man

This is a picture the day I shot my first hit at 3027 yards !! Happy Day for my buddy and I . Whoop ..Whoop !
I must admit I don't think I've ever seen 4 rings on a scope before! Is that for the recoil? Or another purpose? That's really quite the setup! 3027 yards would be what, like 150-250 moa drop? Man... So far my farthest target shooting has been 1100-1300 but I don't have anything capable of further yet, and I wanted to try some ELR (1-2 mile)

I need to look at my finances since I just took a fair amount of time off of work for hunting, go figure lol.

The extra set of rings are just my way !
I dont have two sets on any of my other 338's ..just makes me happy !

In the picture all in its 19 lbs plus !
It's easy to shoot , the gun loves to perform ! The proof is in the pictures !!

I'm not to excited to sell the complete rifle /scope /base set up ...but you never know!
Thanks for Looking !

Rum Man

For Sale a 338 Edge .
Trued Remington action
29" Kreiger heavy Palma flutted barrel with a blended radial brake & 1/10 twist .
Bell & Carlson A5. adj stock ,
This was set up for ELR shooting .
I have load data for it . 300 gr. Berger Otm's at 2849 ft.per.sec.
I have shot a three shot group at 100 yards in the same hole and a three 26 3/4" group at 3027 yards .
It's about 14.5 pounds rifle only .
Less than 200 rounds fired . It has a 55 moa Nightforce base on it too . 8/40 . It has a Timney trigger also ..

Asking $1,950.00 shipped in lower 48 .

Possible package deal with brass ,dies and some 300 gr bergers.
Thank you for looking !

Rum Man
Selling an edge!? I just unfriended you

The extra set of rings are just my way !
I dont have two sets on any of my other 338's ..just makes me happy !

In the picture all in its 19 lbs plus !
It's easy to shoot , the gun loves to perform ! The proof is in the pictures !!

I'm not to excited to sell the complete rifle /scope /base set up ...but you never know!
Thanks for Looking !

Rum Man
Yeah it's a heck of a setup, the 4 rings make it look really cool.
As for the rifle/scope/base, I'm only interested in the rifle and it's included base currently, not the scope. Well, rifle and the reloading stuff.
I'll be in touch.