338 Edge

Mikael,

I usually keep a couple different versions of the dies in stock, Redding 3 pc match grade, RCBS 2 die, & RCBS 3 die sets. The reamer can be purchased from Dave Kiff @ Pacific Precision Grinding in White City Or. I will dig up his # at the shop on Monday. Drop me an email if you need any other help.

Shawn,
Not to jump into this thread (but I will since you're here talking about it already:)). I have the makin's of a long range rifle here and I was thinking of just going with the 338 RUM cartridge but your 338 Edge really has me curious. I have a fairly heavy .338 caliber Rock Creek barrel, but it is only a 28" blank, along with a nesika V model single shot action. With probably only 27 1/4" or a hair more of usable length on this barrel would I gain much with the Edge version or would the RUM be perfectly suitable? I'm building a rifle for 600+ yards, most likely with an 800ish yard max for elk (depending on the performance of myself and the rifle of course).

I could possibly sweet talk a friend out of a 30" barrel in exchange for this one (both Rock Creek 5R barrels) of a little heavier contour, but I didn't want to have too heavy of a rifle.

Your recommendations would be welcome (and any others in the know)

Thanks.

I would really lean toward the 30" tube. If you truly only want a 600 yard rifle it won't be that big of a deal. However you will probably find that once you have a properly setup rifle in hand that 600 yards not the big limit is used to be. Drop me an email [email protected]

Bob,

The video is of a shot I made last year. The round is simply a 300 Ultra necked out to .338. I wish that I could say it was some kind of one off technology but in the end it is very simple and very effective.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.