338 edge with N570

danj

Anyone using N 570 with their edge. just picked up 8lb jug and going to give it a try. Rifle shoots great with 91gr of H-1000 but running out . need a starting load 300gr bergers bertram brass. I was thinking 93 grs but don't know .Any info would be helpful .

N570 should be great that is my favorite powder for my 338 Lapua but I cannot give you any information on the edge

Let me go check some old data but I have tried everything at one point or another reloader 33-h1000 N-570 and Retumbo. 570 was the best powder for sure but it is a little pricey and hard to come by at one point that is when I tried others I started with reloader 33 early on in my reloading and it was just so dirty but I believe I could've got better results now as my processes have improved at first I really didn't know what I was even doing lucky I didn't blow myself up but a while back when I bought 16 pounds worth I started with retumbo and I have had good luck with it and that is what I'm currently using now although currently the vv powders are becoming more available than retumbo
image.jpg

Mine is 4.1 coal and I ran up to 100 grains. But around 95- 96 is where it wanted to shoot. Usually if you have a H1000 load, Retumbo is another grain. And N570 is 2 grains more than H1000. For example I run 93 grains H1000 in my edge with 300 grain Bergers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.